Terms and Conditions
1 a) “Us/we/our” shall mean Argyle Drains Ltd.
b) “You/your” shall mean you: the customer (the person or organization for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply or materials)
c) “Representative” shall be the person we send to you to do work.
2) Jobs on an hourly rate. The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative on the job. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by us will be charged at the trade price plus 30% handling charge.
3) Fixed Price work. Quotes will include labour and materials. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur:
You change the scope of the work
There is an increase in the price of materials
Further works turn out to be needed to do the work
Impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not.
If you decline the quote there will be no charges payable by you.
4) Invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job by card or cash and we do not accept cheques without a valid bank card.
4a) All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
5) Time Keeping. Every effort is made to arrive at a job at the time and date agreed with you, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
6)You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf..
7) If we are doing work at your rented property on behalf of a landlord you the tenant has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason whatsoever the landlord refuses to pay you the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost back from your landlord.
8) Materials purchased as a result of work you instruct us to undertake will be charged to you if you later cancel. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
9) Guarantee. We have a 30 day guarantee period of our labour for repairs if the materials are supplied by us and the duration of the manufacturer’s guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, by calling 01227 634141 or in writing, and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within a reasonable time, nor let us back in to rectify our work we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
10) We CANNOT guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you if:
They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us.
We carry out works for you using your materials.
You order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing.
We indicate that further works need to be carried out.
Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
11)We accept no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay
in performing our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
12) We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
13) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorized representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
14) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We hope that you find our website useful, and it is provided in good faith. However, we assume no responsibility regarding the accuracy of any content. Any content downloaded or obtained from this website is done at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use does not contain items such as viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature.
The information on this website does not constitute advice, and you should seek advice specific to your circumstances before acting upon anything contained within this website.
To the maximum extent permissible in English law, in no event will we be liable to you or any other individual or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages related to any use of this website, its content or on any other hyper linked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, lost sales, lost revenue, loss of goodwill, business interruption, loss of programs or other data even if the users or hosts are expressly advised or aware of the possibility of such damages or losses. All content is provided by the users and hosts on an “as is” basis only. You assume all risk of loss for the use thereof.
The users and hosts provide no representations, conditions and/or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and noninfringement.
We are not responsible for the content of linked, external websites.
All content on this website is protected by copyright. You may print off one copy of content from this website for your personal use. You may not reproduce or use content on this website without prior written approval, including for commercial purposes or on another website.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction. As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 01227 634 141 or write to us at UNIT 26 Chislet Close, Lakesview, International Business Park, Hersden, Canterbury, Kent
United Kingdom CT3 4LB. Or email us at [email protected] and we aim to respond within 5 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.’
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/